Sunday, November 1, 2015

The Beauty of the Journey

There's something about writing a story.

In honor of it being another late night with too much work to do and not feeling well, I've decided to dedicate this blog post to my two digital stories I have created since being here. The first is the one I did for the Juneau Basic Arts Institute back in late July-early August, where I told a story about nature only using objects found in nature. I was able to share a story about a solitary hike I took in Peru as I grappled with the deeper hardships of life.



My second one I finally finished tonight, and it is a story about my journey with teaching with El Sistema-inspired programs in Chicago, Peru, and Alaska. Discovering People's Music School, the first El Sistema program with which I taught, drastically changed my career path, as providing free music education to underserved communities using the El Sistema philosophy has become my passion! So it was really neat to create this story as part of a UAS assignment. :) 



Besides that, it was another busy week that ended up being draining but joyful. I am taking the morning off from school tomorrow because I am starting to come down with something (Germs= Winners; Immune System= EPIC FAIL) and am hoping sleep will ward it off! I had a blast celebrating Halloween with my lovely quartet mates and had a great time sharing about my experiences in Peru with my Thunder Mountain Spanish classes this past week. The sun even came out this weekend, and I was able to take a beautiful walk as I caught up with my beloved twin. :) Making my El Sistema digital story rose my level of thankfulness to an overflowing amount once again, and I just feel so happy to be here! 

Lindsay and I were Miss Peacock
and Miss Scarlett from Clue
for Halloween!


The quartet performed spooky Halloween songs for Glacier Valley's
Harvest Carnival yesterday! Instruments were set up in a circle around the room so students could improvise on them as the quartet played.


The beauty of Alaska never gets old. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment